Tuesday, May 29, 2012

himym reference

I was reading this review on the How I Met Your Mother blog about the last episode of season 7. And somehow, some point slapped me right on my face, which is when the writer puts his final thought about this particular episode. 
Here's the part:

" ....
Dear Ted,
What do you know about Victoria, buddy? What do you really know? 
Here are some objective facts:

You knew her for two (three) months before she left for Germany. She was weak willed and girly enough to pull the, “since you asked me to stay I have to go” crap. Fine. Neither one of you thought enough of each other to stay faithful. Keep that in mind. Off she goes, what could have been? You two had a connection, I’ll give you that, but you spent six years thinking about the idea of each other, not actually who you really are. You don’t know each other, you cannot know someone in two months. Period. Then, you bump into her at a thing or something, and wait for it…she cheats on her fiancee with you. Sorry, making out is cheating, buddy. She’s right about Robin, but a broken clock or person is right at least once a day, if not twice. Flashforward to today, her fucking wedding day of all people, and she pulls the girly “you decide” crap and you make the wrong decision…more of that in a minute. But she is with another dude for six years and leaves him at the altar for a guy she doesn’t really know?

Who is this person?

She’s fucked in the head, buddy. Robin is right about one thing; you keep going after the wrong women.
And here’s the worst part, Ted.

This was done to you. You actually acknowledged this, you said the words, and then you changed your mind. I thought you grew up, buddy; you haven’t yet. I hope you come around and do the right thing. Victoria is not the angel you think she is. She’s a twisted, sad screwed up person just like the rest of them; at least Robin admits it and is actively trying to change. For that, Robin has my respect. You do not.

You keep forgetting to enjoy the ride. Forget to do so, and you’ll keep making mistakes and people will keep getting burned.
 ....."
 
Somehow i feel like it was written for me, not Ted. 
That I keep on chasing on a wrong guy.. Keep on making mistakes.. and forget to enjoy the ride. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: I don't own any pictures on this site unless otherwise stated. I get most of them from miscellaneous sites. if it yours and you want it down, do tell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...