Some people might says that Christmas is a product if capitalism. And people who celebrates it are joining in a big commercialism of Christianity to support the advance growth of capitalism.
And I have to agree with those prior statements. heavyheartedly. Christmas now is more related to Santa Claus, gifts, Christmas tree, and the Party, then to the Christ's born itself. Not mean to be a judge-y, but somehow its kinda sad. Not wrong, but sad. Christmas is suppose to be celebrate with a joy and laughter, and trust me, I know maybe capitalism may support the joy and the laughter, but dont sacrifice your faith into a loop that drag you away from the true meaning of Christmas.
And, for similar reason, I am a picky when it comes to Christmas song, for some carols are just picturing a consumerism-unspirited Christmas. hence: Santa Baby, ekkkk. truth be told that I love every christmas song, but for me not every song is Christmas-related and suitable for celebrating the season. Thats why, my playlist for Christmas is quite a few.
So, in my very humble opinion, don't lose yourself in Christmass' euphoria. And let me say:
Merry Christmas
Have yourself a merry little Christmas and be thankful



No comments:
Post a Comment